Museums, artists pick up pieces of Katrina
Shayt will take these and other artifacts from one of the nation's worst natural disasters to the National Mall in Washington, where someday they will go on display.
Shayt wants objects that capture all that New Orleans is — and all that the storm damaged or destroyed.
Many others also are looking for tactile remembrances of Katrina. Local museums, historians and artists are grabbing objects before they become part of the world's largest trash heap. They hope to create an evocative record of the tragedy for future generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control