Soviet repression memorial vandalised in BelarusBreaking News
Research done by historians and archaeologists at the beginning of the 1990s indicated that tens of thousands or maybe hundreds of thousands of innocent people were killed in this part of Minsk in the 1930s-1940s.
A special governmental commission said these people were the victims of Stalinist repressions.
The memorial complex has been vandalised several times before.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)