HNN Hot Topics: ThanksgivingHot Topics
Why Is Our Thanksgiving Bird Called a Turkey?
Answer: Because the Turks were the first Old Worlders to domesticate the bird.
The Truth About Thanksgiving Is that the Debunkers Are Wrong
Setting people straight about Thanksgiving myths has become as much a part of the annual holiday as turkey, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving Day Myths
So what do most Americans believe happened on that first Thanksgiving Day?
Top 10 Myths About Thanksgiving
The Pilgrims didn't even hold the first Thanksgiving.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Happy Evacuation Day|
comments powered by Disqus
roxyrohit roxy rohit - 11/25/2009
hi every i really like your comment many knowledgeable information in this site and every articles in this site really very nice thanks for share it.
used toyota landcruiser--used toyota landcruiser
Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs - 11/19/2007
Time to crawl out from under my rock again. Several review articles of mine about Thanksgiving and related topics are posted at www.sail1620.org
These include responses to the WSJ article of 2005, to the History Channel's "Untold Story" (2006), and to various misconceptions frequently found on websites for and against common ideas about the Pilgrims and their Thanksgiving. My book, of which drafts of the first two chapters are posted there, is about 20 pp. from being finished and should be available next year. Present working title:
The Pilgrims, Leiden, and the Foundations of Plymouth Plantation.
Jeremy Bangs, Director
Leiden American Pilgrim Museum
Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs - 11/19/2006
For a scholarly re-examination of Pilgrim origins in England and Amsterdam you are welcome to read the first two chapters of a book I'm writing (The Pilgrims, Leiden, and the Early Years of Plymouth Plantation) - available online at:
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond