Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German ActivistsBreaking News
Bjoern Hoecke, a leading politician in Germany’s far-right AfD party, sparked outrage at the start of the year when he criticized Berlin’s world-famous and highly acclaimed Holocaust memorial.
“Germans are the only people in the world who plant a monument of shame in the heart of the capital,” Hoecke said, according to Reuters.
Now, 10 months later, a group of German artists have come up with a powerful response: They have built a replica of the memorial outside Hoecke’s rural home.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past