2 historians have won MacArthur “Genius” AwardsHistorians in the News
tags: MacArthur Foundation
Sunil Amrith received a B.A. (2000) and Ph.D. (2005) from the University of Cambridge. He was a research fellow of Trinity College at the University of Cambridge (2004–2006) and taught modern Asian history at Birkbeck College of the University of London (2006–2014) prior to joining the faculty of Harvard University, where he is currently Mehra Family Professor of South Asian Studies and a professor of history. He is also a director of the Harvard Center for History and Economics. His additional publications include Decolonizing International Health: India and Southeast Asia, 1930–65 (2006) and Sites of Asian Interaction: Ideas, Networks and Mobility (co-editor, 2014). (Click here for more.)
Related Link ‘Genius’-level honor for Harvard historian
Derek Peterson received a B.A. (1993) from the University of Rochester and a Ph.D. (2000) from the University of Minnesota. Currently a professor in the Departments of History and Afro-American and African Studies at the University of Michigan, he previously held positions at the College of New Jersey (2000–2004) and the University of Cambridge (2004–2009). He is co-editor of several books, including African Print Cultures: Newspapers and Their Publics in the Twentieth Century (2016), The Politics of Heritage in Africa: Economies, Histories, and Infrastructures (2015), and Recasting the Past: History Writing and Political Work in Modern Africa (2009). (Click here for more.)
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian