Poland ‘ready’ to demand WWII reparations from GermanyBreaking News
tags: Germany, Poland, WWII, reparations
Poland’s rightwing premier Thursday said she believed her country had the right to demand World War II reparations from Germany but added that her government was still mulling its official position.
“The position of the Polish government on war reparations will be officially expressed when a political decision is taken,” Prime Minister Beata Szydlo told the commercial radio station RMF FM .
“In my opinion, Poland has the right to this (reparations) and the Polish state has the right to ask for them,” Szydlo said.
“We are ready to go ahead with this procedure,” she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations