Mike Pence on Confederate Statues: I'm "Someone Who Believes in More Monuments"Breaking News
tags: Mike Pence, Confederate Monuments
Vice President Mike Pence says state and local authorities should make decisions about Confederate statues, and he calls himself "someone who believes in more monuments, not less monuments."
As for the fate of Confederate statues at the U.S. Capitol, Pence says it's up to states to pick the figures represented.
He tells "Fox & Friends" that "what we have to walk away from is a desire by some to erase parts of our history just in the name of some contemporary political cause."
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond