Mike Pence on Confederate Statues: I'm "Someone Who Believes in More Monuments"Breaking News
tags: Mike Pence, Confederate Monuments
Vice President Mike Pence says state and local authorities should make decisions about Confederate statues, and he calls himself "someone who believes in more monuments, not less monuments."
As for the fate of Confederate statues at the U.S. Capitol, Pence says it's up to states to pick the figures represented.
He tells "Fox & Friends" that "what we have to walk away from is a desire by some to erase parts of our history just in the name of some contemporary political cause."
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations