Video of the Week: 1950s Western Featured Con Man Named Trump Who Wanted To Build A WallRoundup
tags: Video of the Week, Trump, Trackdown
You may already know that “The Simpsons” predicted a President Trump back in 2000. But a recently surfaced clip suggests that TV was bizarrely prescient as early as the 1950s.
“Trackdown,” an American Western series that ran from 1957 to 1959, featured a character named Walter Trump in a 1958 episode called “End of the World.” This show’s Trump was a con artist who said he could prevent the end of the world by … building a wall.
Walter Trump’s proposed wall was meant to ward off a supposed “cosmic explosion,” not to keep immigrants out. But the similarities between Walter and Donald don’t end there.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations