Poland eyes demanding WWII reparations from GermanyBreaking News
tags: Germany, Poland, WWII, reparations
Polish authorities are looking into demanding reparations from Germany for the massive losses inflicted on Poland during World War II, an official said Wednesday.
The Polish parliament's research office is preparing an analysis of whether Poland can legally make the claim and will have it ready by Aug. 11, said Arkadiusz Mularczyk, a lawmaker with the ruling Law and Justice party who requested the report.
The step comes after Jaroslaw Kaczynski, Poland's most powerful politician, said the "Polish government is preparing itself for a historical counteroffensive."
comments powered by Disqus
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem