Congressional members attacked more than 21 times in American historyBreaking News
Congressional members have been attacked at least 21 other times since 1789, according to a report compiled in 2011 by the Congressional Research Service.
Here are details on many of those incidents:
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was targeted in a shooting carried out by Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old currently serving life in prison. The incident left six people dead, including John M. Roll, the chief justice for the U.S. District Court for Arizona and a 9-year-old girl, according to The New York Times’ report that day.
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield