More Americans think Trump would have stopped the Civil War than think the same about Andrew JacksonBreaking News
tags: Civil War, Andrew Jackson, Trump
More Americans believe President Donald Trump would've stopped the Civil War from ever taking place than believe the same about former President Andrew Jackson, a Public Policy Polling survey showed Tuesday.
PPP found that 20% of respondents believe that Trump would have stopped the Civil War from happening if he was alive at the time, whereas 16% of respondents believe Jackson would have if he was.
However, in both cases, far more respondents believe they would have been unable to stop the war. In Trump's case, 53% of respondents said he would not have been able to stop it, and 43% said Jackson would not have. Another 28% were unsure if Trump would have been able to stop the war while 41% were not sure if Jackson would have.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations