Miers Gave to GOP Candidates, Democrats
In 1988, Miers, then a lawyer in private practice, donated $1,000 to Gore, the Tennessee Democrat then seeking the party's presidential nomination, according to Federal Election Commission reports. Gore eventually bowed out and Michael Dukakis secured the nomination.
In 2000, Miers contributed to the campaign of Texas Gov. George W. Bush, who was running against Gore that year. When the votes were still being counted in Florida and the outcome was in doubt, she gave $5,000 to the Bush-Cheney Inc. Recount Fund, according to the non- partisan Political MoneyLine.
comments powered by Disqus
- Bad history is behind our fervent belief in the purity of amateur athletics
- The Fascinating 100-Year Journey of Black Cinema Through Its Film Posters
- Historians Rip O'Reilly's New Patton Book
- Japan remembers tragic sinking of Ottoman ship
- Confirmation: Canada identifies ship from British Arctic expedition
- British Empire in India: Historians and journalists debate
- Ken Burns's surprising discovery about his Revolutionary War ancestor
- When does history end?
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day