Museum of the American Revolution opens: 'It's high time we had a museum such as this'Breaking News
tags: American Revolution, Museum of the American Revolution
"We can never ever know enough about the American Revolution."
Those are the words of David McCullough, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and historian, at the grand opening ceremony of the Museum of the American Revolution in Philadelphia on April 19.
The museum not only tells the story of the war, but of the events that led up to and followed it. It attempts to engage visitors, making them question what they would do in the shoes of those in the past.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools