Museum of the American Revolution opens: 'It's high time we had a museum such as this'Breaking News
tags: American Revolution, Museum of the American Revolution
"We can never ever know enough about the American Revolution."
Those are the words of David McCullough, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and historian, at the grand opening ceremony of the Museum of the American Revolution in Philadelphia on April 19.
The museum not only tells the story of the war, but of the events that led up to and followed it. It attempts to engage visitors, making them question what they would do in the shoes of those in the past.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations