Professor's anti-Trump tweets stir controversyHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, Anti Trump
A Fresno State professor's tweets aimed at President Donald Trump have landed him in hot water.
History professor Lars Maischak sent out two tweets in February. The first said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better. #TheResistance #DeathToFascism".
Two days after that, Maischak tweeted this: "#TheResistance Has anyone started soliciting money and design drafts for a monument honoring the Trump assassin, yet?".
On Saturday, Fresno State President Joseph Castro responded to the tweet on his own Twitter account, posting: "He is a lecturer at Fresno State. Statements on his social media accounts are his alone and do not reflect the position of the University." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies