Professor's anti-Trump tweets stir controversyHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, Anti Trump
A Fresno State professor's tweets aimed at President Donald Trump have landed him in hot water.
History professor Lars Maischak sent out two tweets in February. The first said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better. #TheResistance #DeathToFascism".
Two days after that, Maischak tweeted this: "#TheResistance Has anyone started soliciting money and design drafts for a monument honoring the Trump assassin, yet?".
On Saturday, Fresno State President Joseph Castro responded to the tweet on his own Twitter account, posting: "He is a lecturer at Fresno State. Statements on his social media accounts are his alone and do not reflect the position of the University." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Male Historians Have Long Dominated Public Debates. Is Charlottesville a Turning Point?
- Kevin Levin says he’s changed his mind about Confederate statues
- Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
- Jon Meacham points out why Lee should go but Washington should stay
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."