Professor's anti-Trump tweets stir controversyHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, Anti Trump
A Fresno State professor's tweets aimed at President Donald Trump have landed him in hot water.
History professor Lars Maischak sent out two tweets in February. The first said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better. #TheResistance #DeathToFascism".
Two days after that, Maischak tweeted this: "#TheResistance Has anyone started soliciting money and design drafts for a monument honoring the Trump assassin, yet?".
On Saturday, Fresno State President Joseph Castro responded to the tweet on his own Twitter account, posting: "He is a lecturer at Fresno State. Statements on his social media accounts are his alone and do not reflect the position of the University." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian