Anti-Defamation League Condemns Donald Trump’s ‘Nazi Germany’ TweetBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Nazi, Anti Defamation League, Trump
The Anti-Defamation League condemned President-elect Donald Trump’s tweet questioning whether we are living in Nazi Germany, calling the analogy “inappropriate.”
“The President-elect’s use of Nazi Germany to make a political analogy is not only an inappropriate comparison on the merits, but it also coarsens our discourse and diminishes the horror of the Holocaust,” ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a statement.
Reports alleging that Russia had compromising information on Trump prompted the President-elect to set off on a tweetstorm Wednesday morning to vehemently deny any ties to the Kremlin and question whether he was “living in Nazi Germany.”
comments powered by Disqus
- The Dark and Divisive History of America’s Thanksgiving Hymn
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race