Rep. Carolyn Maloney pushes for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women's History in WashingtonBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, NWHM, Museum of American Womens History
The time is now for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women’s History on the National Mall in Washington, Rep. Carolyn Maloney said Monday.
“We should be proud to make a strong statement that Americans value women, champion equality and honor the significant contributions of women throughout our history,” the Manhattan Democrat said.
An advocacy group, the Common Good, announced a Change.org petition calling on Congress to authorize construction of the museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester