Rep. Carolyn Maloney pushes for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women's History in WashingtonBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, NWHM, Museum of American Womens History
The time is now for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women’s History on the National Mall in Washington, Rep. Carolyn Maloney said Monday.
“We should be proud to make a strong statement that Americans value women, champion equality and honor the significant contributions of women throughout our history,” the Manhattan Democrat said.
An advocacy group, the Common Good, announced a Change.org petition calling on Congress to authorize construction of the museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89