Rep. Carolyn Maloney pushes for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women's History in WashingtonBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, NWHM, Museum of American Womens History
The time is now for a Smithsonian Museum of American Women’s History on the National Mall in Washington, Rep. Carolyn Maloney said Monday.
“We should be proud to make a strong statement that Americans value women, champion equality and honor the significant contributions of women throughout our history,” the Manhattan Democrat said.
An advocacy group, the Common Good, announced a Change.org petition calling on Congress to authorize construction of the museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?
- Mark Noll says evangelicals voted for Trump for lots of reasons, abortion among them
- Yuval Noah Harari: "Homo sapiens as we know them will disappear in a century or so"
- Historian John Fea’s twitterstorm in defense of the NEH