Germany sued for reparations over colonial-era genocide in NamibiaBreaking News
tags: Germany, genocide, Namibia
Germany is facing a court case in the US and demands for reparations over a forgotten genocide in Africa that is seen as a precursor to the Holocaust.
Representatives of the Herero and Nama peoples have filed a class action lawsuit to demand reparations for the systematic massacre of some 100,000 of their forebears between 1904 and 1908.
The attempted extermination of Namibia’s Herero and Nama communities by German colonial troops is widely regaded as the first genocide of the 20th century.
comments powered by Disqus
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89