Could Bernie Sanders Have Won?Breaking News
tags: election 2016, Bernie Sanders
Kevin Drum put together a nice chart of every Democratic presidential candidate in the postwar era — and included Bernie Sanders. The candidates are ranked from least liberal to most liberal using NOMINATE to gauge how liberal senators were, an academic paper to measure the governors; and some judgment to shift a few candidates around.
It’s not perfect, but it comes pretty close.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction