Haaretz: Israel adopts Warsaw's narrative, ignores Holocaust crimes by PolesBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Israel, Warsaw
A joint statement Tuesday by the Israeli and Polish governments made no mention of Polish persecution of Jews during the Holocaust despite the several paragraphs devoted to Holocaust remembrance.
Critics charge that Poland’s right-wing government has been trying to obliterate that and other unpleasant facts from the historical record.
A senior Israeli official said that at no point during the talks did Israel seek to insert anything about Poles who collaborated with the Nazis during the Holocaust.
comments powered by Disqus
- Presidential Inauguration History: From Grand to Fatal to Downright Awkward
- Nazi Doctor Mengele Now Himself Object of Medical Study
- Critics Attacked, History Revised as China Nationalism Rises
- Unpopular out of the gate, Trump making history one more time
- A New Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Divides a Virginia Town
- Kevin Starr, California’s premier historian and USC professor, dies at 76
- Secret WWI telegram holds lessons for today, historians say
- Antisemite, Holocaust denier … yet David Irving claims fresh support
- Timothy Garton Ash says liberalism failed in 2016 because it had succeeded
- Tim Naftali calls on Obama to declassify US intelligence community's assessment of Russian intentions and activities in the 2016 presidential election