A satirical ‘history of the Jewish people’ released by the Israeli government offends just about everyoneBreaking News
tags: Israel, Israel Foreign Ministry
Israel’s Foreign Ministry made a little video entitled “Welcome to the home of the Jewish people.” It stars the characters Jacob and Rachel, a nice Jewish couple, living in a modern suburban-style house called the “Land of Israel,” which is invaded by Assyrians, Greeks, Arabs, Crusaders, the British and others.
The intended audience is clearly the outside world — it is in English, not Hebrew or Arabic — and is billed by Israeli diplomats as “a short history of the Jewish people.”
Cartoons and video like this are part of a new trend by Israel to conduct its public diplomacy — known as "hasbara" or explanation— via social media.
comments powered by Disqus
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- The New York Times journalist who secretly led the charge against liberal media bias
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion