A satirical ‘history of the Jewish people’ released by the Israeli government offends just about everyoneBreaking News
tags: Israel, Israel Foreign Ministry
Israel’s Foreign Ministry made a little video entitled “Welcome to the home of the Jewish people.” It stars the characters Jacob and Rachel, a nice Jewish couple, living in a modern suburban-style house called the “Land of Israel,” which is invaded by Assyrians, Greeks, Arabs, Crusaders, the British and others.
The intended audience is clearly the outside world — it is in English, not Hebrew or Arabic — and is billed by Israeli diplomats as “a short history of the Jewish people.”
Cartoons and video like this are part of a new trend by Israel to conduct its public diplomacy — known as "hasbara" or explanation— via social media.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea