‘Demeaning’ Slavery Education Game No Longer Part of Georgia School Lesson PlanBreaking News
A Georgia school is under fire after one of its teachers introduced her students to a “demeaning” slavery education game about the Underground Railroad.
Delores Bunch-Keemer said her 10-year-old granddaughter was visibly upset after playing an Underground Railroad simulation activity in class at Cheatham Hill Elementary School. According to Atlanta’s WSB-TV news, the young girl and her classmates played the role of enslaved people trying to escape the plantation and reach the Underground Railroad.
Their paths were directed by the roll of dice, as students either escaped further into the woods or were caught and sent back to the plantation.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- From King George IV to President Trump, The Fat Men Who’ve Ruled The World
- Here’s How One Family Prepared for Nuclear War in 1954
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term