At a Donald Trump Rally, a Confederate Flag Goes Up, and Quickly Comes DownBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Confederate flag, Trump
About an hour before Donald J. Trump was set to address a large crowd here on Thursday, Brandon Partin, a Trump supporter, draped a Confederate flag over the front rail just to the right of the stage.
But the flag didn’t remain up for long. As Sharon Day, a co-chairman of the Republican National Committee, delivered her introductory remarks, a campaign staff member and the local police moved to remove the flag.
Three police officers stood on the floor tugging gently at the flag, indicating that it had to come down. Mr. Partin, 27, grew irritated that he had to remove it. He had just purchased the flag outside the event, and “Trump 2016” was printed on it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream