The All-Time Worst Olympic GamesBreaking News
With the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse apparently saddled up and riding toward Rio, it’s been claimed that Brazilian organizers are making preparations for the “worst ever” Olympic Games. But despite a war-like atmosphere (police killings, mass protest, and civil disobedience), and pestilence (Zika and raw sewage in the water), Rio 2016 has an incredibly long way to go to make it into the Olympic Games hall of shame.
Fascism, mass murder, racism, state-sanctioned cheating, moral and fiscal bankruptcy, and outright chaos have all marred previous stagings of The Greatest Show on Earth.
So, who was responsible for hosting the worst Games in Olympic history? Here are the worst five, in reverse order...
comments powered by Disqus
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- Massive Data Project Will Help People Identify Enslaved Ancestors
- U.S. Democracy Experienced Biggest Drop In 40 Years
- New Fox Series: Bill Clinton's Scandals
- Thailand drops royal insult charges against elderly historian
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"