Trump's RNC Speech Plagiarized Hitler? No, it was satire.Breaking News
tags: Hitler, election 2016, Trump, GOP Convention
CLAIM: Donald Trump plagiarized his speech at the Republican National Convention from Adolf Hitler's inaugural address in 1933.
ORIGIN: On 22 July 2016, playing on rumors that Melania Trump had copied portions of her address at the Republican National Convention from one given eight years earlier by Michelle Obama, The Plantainpublished an article reporting that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump had plagiarized his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention from Adolf Hitler's 1933 inaugural address as Chancellor of Germany:
Melania Trump isn't the only one in her family accused of pilfering parts of their convention speech from a greater orator. Shortly after concluding his remarks, Republican nominee Donald Trump came under fire (not literally) for stealing large portions of his RNC convention speech from Adolf Hitler's 1933 inaugural address.
The Plantain stated that the similarities between the two speeches had first pointed out on Facebook by a Dr. Lazer Wolschiosky, a professor of modern Jewish History who was preparing his syllabus while watching Trump's speech. However, there is no record of Dr. Lazer on Facebook...
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in Britain
- From prudish Victorians to arrows in the eye – 10 things from history everyone gets wrong
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield
- Stephen F. Cohen continues to berate Democrats for “demonizing Russia”
- Historian Taner Akçam’s new book includes "smoking gun" of Armenian Genocide
- Historian Antony Beevor “Astonished" At Ukraine Ban On His Best-Selling Book, “Stalingrad”
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ