How Donald Trump’s 1993 comments about ‘Indians’ previewed much of his 2016 campaignBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Trump
Among the various incidents in Donald Trump's pre-political past that have rumbled through the public's awareness over the past year was a moment when he said that the operators of Native American casinos as "don’t look like Indians to me." When Trump renewed his attacks on Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) last month, calling her "Pocahontas," we wrote about Trump's tense history with Native Americans and Native American issues, pointing back to a news story about the 1993 hearing during which Trump made the comment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Southern states band together to create first unified Civil Rights Trail
- Secret memo shows bipartisanship during Watergate succession crisis
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term