Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids ReadBreaking News
tags: education, Texas
Related Link Daily Beast story
A watchdog of the Texas State Board of Education says the state "escaped an education train wreck" after a retired schoolteacher who believes dinosaurs walked the Earth with humans lost her runoff election.
Mary Lou Bruner's defeat Tuesday night delighted the left-leaning Texas Freedom Network. The organization said in a statement that the 69-year-old Bruner would have been "the most embarrassingly uninformed" member on the state's powerful education board.
Bruner has claimed in old Facebook posts that President Barack Obama was a gay prostitute and suggested that Democrats assassinated John F. Kennedy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield