Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids ReadBreaking News
tags: education, Texas
Related Link Daily Beast story
A watchdog of the Texas State Board of Education says the state "escaped an education train wreck" after a retired schoolteacher who believes dinosaurs walked the Earth with humans lost her runoff election.
Mary Lou Bruner's defeat Tuesday night delighted the left-leaning Texas Freedom Network. The organization said in a statement that the 69-year-old Bruner would have been "the most embarrassingly uninformed" member on the state's powerful education board.
Bruner has claimed in old Facebook posts that President Barack Obama was a gay prostitute and suggested that Democrats assassinated John F. Kennedy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian