Iowa state museum says it needs $80 million for repairsBreaking News
tags: Iowa, State Historical Building
When it rains, workers at the State Historical Building strategically place large potted plants around the atrium to catch water dripping from the leaky skylights.
In the basement, stormwater pipes that show signs of corrosion hang above thousands of artifacts.
Granite panels on the building's exterior have cracked.
These are among the problems the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs wants to fix with a proposed $80 million overhaul of the East Village building.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past