Throngs of Confederate flag supporters and counter-protesters face off at GettysburgBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag, Confederate Memorials
A clash between profanity-flinging Confederate flag supporters and counter-protesters during a Confederate Flag Day rally Saturday nearly escalated to violence at Pennsylvania’s Gettysburg National Military Park.
A pickup truck driver wearing a Confederate flag hat shouted “The South will rise again” from out his window as he drove by the afternoon protest at the park’s Eternal Peace Light Monument.
A counter-protester among the throngs of masked demonstrators waving black flags shouted a reply with a megaphone.
“Our cause is more important than your heritage,” the demonstrator barked.
comments powered by Disqus
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz