The Immortal Myth of Hitler’s Deformed GenitalsBreaking News
For decades academics and historians have pondered how and why Adolf Hitler became history’s biggest monster. But another narrative about the German leader has been around for almost as long: The myth of his disfigured genitalia.
On Monday, that claim resurfaced when news outlets around the world reported the German dictator had a micropenis, citing old research made by two historians in the book, Hitler’s Last Day: Minute by Minute, which was published in the middle of 2015.
“Hitler himself is believed to have had two forms of genital abnormality: an undescended testicle and a rare condition called penile hypospadias in which the urethra opens on the under side of the penis” writes Jonathan Mayo and Emma Craigie in Hitler’s Last Day. But, when interviewed by the Independent, Craigie said that it was a “leap” to suggest the Führer had a micropenis because he suffered from hypospadias.
comments powered by Disqus
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz