San Diego rejects political correctness, embracing the term 'founding fathers'Breaking News
tags: Founding Fathers
Mayor Kevin Faulconer has bowed to pressure from a conservative legal group that protested long-standing guidelines in the city's correspondence manual asking employees not to refer to the nation's "founding fathers," but to instead just call them "founders."
"Suggesting that our founding fathers should be referred to as 'founder' is political correctness run amok," Faulconer said in a recent statement. "We are proud of our nation's history, and there is nothing wrong with referring to the founding fathers.
"At my direction, this was removed … from the city's correspondence manual. The manual will be reviewed for other misguided examples that defy common sense, and changes will be made accordingly."
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield