San Diego rejects political correctness, embracing the term 'founding fathers'Breaking News
tags: Founding Fathers
Mayor Kevin Faulconer has bowed to pressure from a conservative legal group that protested long-standing guidelines in the city's correspondence manual asking employees not to refer to the nation's "founding fathers," but to instead just call them "founders."
"Suggesting that our founding fathers should be referred to as 'founder' is political correctness run amok," Faulconer said in a recent statement. "We are proud of our nation's history, and there is nothing wrong with referring to the founding fathers.
"At my direction, this was removed … from the city's correspondence manual. The manual will be reviewed for other misguided examples that defy common sense, and changes will be made accordingly."
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea