Black history month is suddenly a hot topic on TVBreaking News
tags: Black History Month, Black History
"We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration," she explained on Fox News' Fox & Friends. "And if we don't want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards where you're only awarded if you're Black. If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It's a double standard."
Later, she added, "Just like there shouldn't be a Black History Month. You know? We're Americans. Period. That's it."
The ladies of The View brought up said comments Thursday morning, and while most of the co-hosts slammed the Clueless actress, Paula Faris played the devil's advocate throughout the debate. "There's White History Month every other month," said Joy Behar, "so Black History Month is there to spotlight the history."
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea