Burning Jews is ‘only solution,’ says Egyptian TV showBreaking News
tags: Jews, Egypt
A talk show that aired this week on Egyptian station al-Rahma TV includes a segment in which the host and a guest agree that burning is the only solution for Jews. The clip was translated and posted Friday by the US-based Arabic media watchdog MEMRI.
The show’s guest, Islamic history professor Yusri Ahmad Zidan, tells host Muhammad Khaled that the Crusaders — primarily European Christian fighters who traveled to the Holy Land in the Middle Ages to reclaim it from Muslim rule — sold Jews into slavery during their campaigns in the Middle East.
“The Crusaders treated the Jews this way because they believed that the Jews had harmed and killed Jesus,” Zidan maintains.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz