Carly Fiorina has a family connection to investigations into ’90s Clinton scandalsBreaking News
tags: Bill Clinton, Carly Fiorina
The daughter of the man directly responsible for Kenneth Starr investigating the Clintons is now gunning to keep Bill and Hillary from returning to the White House.
A little-known piece of Carly Fiorina’s family history is that her father, Joseph Sneed, was on the three-judge panel asked to pick a new independent counsel to investigate the Whitewater case. And it was Sneed, a conservative federal judge appointed to the bench by Richard Nixon, who recommended Starr for the job.
The Clintons, and many Democrats, believed Starr was picked because he was a hard-line Republican who would come down harder on them. That’s been widely dismissed as conjecture. Still, his selection did set in motion an investigation much broader in scope than its original mission, and which eventually led to President Clinton’s impeachment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi