Carly Fiorina has a family connection to investigations into ’90s Clinton scandalsBreaking News
tags: Bill Clinton, Carly Fiorina
The daughter of the man directly responsible for Kenneth Starr investigating the Clintons is now gunning to keep Bill and Hillary from returning to the White House.
A little-known piece of Carly Fiorina’s family history is that her father, Joseph Sneed, was on the three-judge panel asked to pick a new independent counsel to investigate the Whitewater case. And it was Sneed, a conservative federal judge appointed to the bench by Richard Nixon, who recommended Starr for the job.
The Clintons, and many Democrats, believed Starr was picked because he was a hard-line Republican who would come down harder on them. That’s been widely dismissed as conjecture. Still, his selection did set in motion an investigation much broader in scope than its original mission, and which eventually led to President Clinton’s impeachment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past