'Stonewall' trailer critics: Film whitewashes historyBreaking News
tags: gay history, Stonewall, LGBT
Director Roland Emmerich might have expected heaps of praise from the LGBT community when the trailer for his film Stonewall was released last week.
Instead, he found himself in a swirl of criticism aimed at his film, which depicts the real-life New York City riots that sparked the gay rights movement. .
So, what's the backlash all about? Race, some LGBT activists assert.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea