'Stonewall' trailer critics: Film whitewashes historyBreaking News
tags: gay history, Stonewall, LGBT
Director Roland Emmerich might have expected heaps of praise from the LGBT community when the trailer for his film Stonewall was released last week.
Instead, he found himself in a swirl of criticism aimed at his film, which depicts the real-life New York City riots that sparked the gay rights movement. .
So, what's the backlash all about? Race, some LGBT activists assert.
comments powered by Disqus
- Southern states band together to create first unified Civil Rights Trail
- Secret memo shows bipartisanship during Watergate succession crisis
- 20 years since America’s shock over Clinton-Lewinsky affair, public discussions on sexual harassment are changing
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- Steve Bannon says historian Walter Russell Mead was the inspiration for hanging Jackson’s portrait in the Oval Office
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Pension report shows that a historian continues to be the highest paid pensioner in New York State education system
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term