Ohio's John Boehner is the third most winning House Speaker in GOP history, professor saysBreaking News
tags: John Boehner
Despite sporadic reports of House Republicans scheming to oust John Boehner from his job as Speaker of the House of Representatives, a University of Minnesota analysis indicates the Ohioan has been among the more successful GOP House Speakers at increasing the number of seats held by his party.
According to Eric J. Ostermeier of the school's Center for the Study of Politics and Governance, Boehner is one of just three Republicans to add seats to the party's majority during his speakership.
Although Republicans lost several seats during the 2012 election - the first Boehner oversaw as speaker - they captured more seats than that during the 2014 election, for an overall gain of five seats during Boehner's tenure, says Ostermeier.
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race