Texas rises in History channel miniseriesBreaking News
tags: Texas, History channel
Texas history is often compressed into in a three-word phrase even non-Texans know.
"Remember the Alamo!"
After an agonizing 13-day siege, the multicultural army fighting for an independent Texas lost the Alamo to Mexico on March 6, 1836. It was up to Gen. Sam Houston to defeat the powerful Gen. Antonio López de Santa Anna and his vast army.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi