Texas rises in History channel miniseriesBreaking News
tags: Texas, History channel
Texas history is often compressed into in a three-word phrase even non-Texans know.
"Remember the Alamo!"
After an agonizing 13-day siege, the multicultural army fighting for an independent Texas lost the Alamo to Mexico on March 6, 1836. It was up to Gen. Sam Houston to defeat the powerful Gen. Antonio López de Santa Anna and his vast army.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past