St. Petersburg begins process to purchase black history museumBreaking News
tags: black history museum, African American Museum, Carter G Woodson
Related Link Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum
Earlier this spring, Mayor Rick Kriseman announced a plan to buy the city's only African American history museum, ending months of controversy over its future.
An offer is now officially on the table.
According to a draft agreement, the city is willing to spend $663,000 to acquire the museum at 2240 Ninth Ave S.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction