A political sibling is once again grabbing the spotlight (and not in a good way)Breaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, Tony Rodham
Richard Nixon was so worried about his younger brother Donald’s willingness to trade the family name for business favors that early in his presidency he had the Secret Service put a tail on him and tap his phone.
Lyndon Johnson’s brother Sam Houston Johnson was such a falling-down-drunk that he spent a whole year of Johnson’s Senate career in a body cast from armpit to heel after breaking his leg in his own dining room.
And Jimmy Carter’s brother Billy became a national embarrassment when he registered as a foreign agent of the Libyan government and received a $220,000 loan during his brother’s White House years.
The latest imbroglio involving Hillary Clinton’s brother Tony Rodham—a Department of Homeland Security watchdog report last week detailed his efforts to press the federal agency for visa approvals while his sister was secretary of state—is proof that when it comes to political embarrassment, we not only all have our mothers, but our brothers and sisters, too.
comments powered by Disqus
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment