A political sibling is once again grabbing the spotlight (and not in a good way)Breaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, Tony Rodham
Richard Nixon was so worried about his younger brother Donald’s willingness to trade the family name for business favors that early in his presidency he had the Secret Service put a tail on him and tap his phone.
Lyndon Johnson’s brother Sam Houston Johnson was such a falling-down-drunk that he spent a whole year of Johnson’s Senate career in a body cast from armpit to heel after breaking his leg in his own dining room.
And Jimmy Carter’s brother Billy became a national embarrassment when he registered as a foreign agent of the Libyan government and received a $220,000 loan during his brother’s White House years.
The latest imbroglio involving Hillary Clinton’s brother Tony Rodham—a Department of Homeland Security watchdog report last week detailed his efforts to press the federal agency for visa approvals while his sister was secretary of state—is proof that when it comes to political embarrassment, we not only all have our mothers, but our brothers and sisters, too.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester