"Jewish Ritual Murder" ... This is on Facebook?Breaking News
tags: anti-Semitism, facebook
This is a screen shot from Facebook of the page belonging to the "Jewish Ritual Murder Community." This isn't a community of people exposing the myth of Jewish ritual murder. It's a community that believes in the myth.
This is an excerpt from a post in September 2014:
Facebook has a policy against pages of this sort, which has nearly 800 likes. The social media network's community standards says "Facebook does not permit hate speech."
But when a user brought this page to Facebook's attention as an example of hate speech they were told it didn't violate Facebook's standards. The email Facebook sent this user (which made its way to HNN) is reproduced below:
The page has been dormant since September, but remains live.
As on other Facebook pages, visitors are prompted to invite their friends to join:
Who is behind this page? That's unknown. Clicking on the "About" tab doesn't help. All one reads there, in what seems like a Monty Python joke, is that "Comments that are offensive, obscene, vulgar, irrelevant to this page or classified as spam will be removed."
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction