"Jewish Ritual Murder" ... This is on Facebook?Breaking News
tags: anti-Semitism, facebook, antisemitism
This is a screen shot from Facebook of the page belonging to the "Jewish Ritual Murder Community." This isn't a community of people exposing the myth of Jewish ritual murder. It's a community that believes in the myth.
This is an excerpt from a post in September 2014:
Facebook has a policy against pages of this sort, which has nearly 800 likes. The social media network's community standards says "Facebook does not permit hate speech."
But when a user brought this page to Facebook's attention as an example of hate speech they were told it didn't violate Facebook's standards. The email Facebook sent this user (which made its way to HNN) is reproduced below:
The page has been dormant since September, but remains live.
As on other Facebook pages, visitors are prompted to invite their friends to join:
Who is behind this page? That's unknown. Clicking on the "About" tab doesn't help. All one reads there, in what seems like a Monty Python joke, is that "Comments that are offensive, obscene, vulgar, irrelevant to this page or classified as spam will be removed."
comments powered by Disqus
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance