Polish university to reinstate German Jews' titles stripped by NazisBreaking News
tags: Nazis, Jews, Wroclaw University
A Polish university is to reinstate academic qualifications on German Jews nearly 80 years after Nazis stripped them of their titles.
Wroclaw University in south-west Poland will return the titles later this month in a ceremony it hopes will bring belated justice to those who lost their qualifications owing to Nazi Germany’s anti-Semitism, and also confront a “dark chapter” in the university’s history.
Up to 1945, when Europe’s borders were redrawn, Wroclaw was the German city of Breslau, and, according to historians, its university’s academic board was especially enthusiastic about stripping Jews of titles.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea