Americans, Belgians mark 70th anniversary of the Battle of the BulgeBreaking News
tags: WW II
Braving snowy weather, Americans and Belgians gathered in the Ardennes region of Belgium on Saturday to mark the 70th anniversary of one of the biggest and bloodiest U.S. battles of World War II--the Battle of the Bulge.
Jean-Claude Klepper, 62, of Virton, Belgium, and his 15-year-old daughter Aurelie dressed up like World War II GIs to mark the occasion.
"We must never forget what happened in 1944," the elder Klepper told The Associated Press. "Many American soldiers came here to defend Europe. We must honor them for what they did."
comments powered by Disqus
- What happened when a teacher assigned a book on "comfort women" shocked her
- Robert Dallek says Trump isn’t qualified to be president
- Oxford backs historian after he’s criticized for saying guilt around British colonialism may have gone too far
- From Two Scholars, African-American Folk Tales for the Next Generation
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials