Richard Zuber, Wake history professor, dies at 82Historians in the News
tags: obituary, Richard Zuber
Richard Zuber, who taught history for 38 years at Wake Forest University, loved music and sometimes played banjo or guitar in his classes.
Zuber, a history professor emeritus at Wake, died Sept. 15 of a rare form of skin cancer.
He was 82.
Sallie Capizzi is the daughter of Zuber’s longtime companion, Mary Bartholomew. Capizzi said she will remember his spirit of generosity.
“He was good company,” Capizzi said. “For our family, he made things very real. He kept us all ticking.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past