Richard Zuber, Wake history professor, dies at 82Historians in the News
tags: obituary, Richard Zuber
Richard Zuber, who taught history for 38 years at Wake Forest University, loved music and sometimes played banjo or guitar in his classes.
Zuber, a history professor emeritus at Wake, died Sept. 15 of a rare form of skin cancer.
He was 82.
Sallie Capizzi is the daughter of Zuber’s longtime companion, Mary Bartholomew. Capizzi said she will remember his spirit of generosity.
“He was good company,” Capizzi said. “For our family, he made things very real. He kept us all ticking.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea