Douglas Brinkley: Doing Book on KatrinaHistorians in the News
The book, tentatively titled ''The Great Deluge,'' is scheduled to be published by Morrow early next year.
Financial terms were not disclosed Monday and there was no immediate word on whether any proceeds would be donated to charity.
''Hurricane Katrina is without question the worst natural disaster in American history,'' Brinkley, a professor at the New Orleans-based Tulane University who was in town when the storm hit,'' said in a statement. ''With the death toll rising and toxic sludge draining into Lake Pontchartrain, it's imperative that we learn what went wrong.''
Brinkley has created a ''Tulane University Task Force'' and for his new book will interview federal, state and local officials.
comments powered by Disqus
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award