Douglas Brinkley: Doing Book on KatrinaHistorians in the News
The book, tentatively titled ''The Great Deluge,'' is scheduled to be published by Morrow early next year.
Financial terms were not disclosed Monday and there was no immediate word on whether any proceeds would be donated to charity.
''Hurricane Katrina is without question the worst natural disaster in American history,'' Brinkley, a professor at the New Orleans-based Tulane University who was in town when the storm hit,'' said in a statement. ''With the death toll rising and toxic sludge draining into Lake Pontchartrain, it's imperative that we learn what went wrong.''
Brinkley has created a ''Tulane University Task Force'' and for his new book will interview federal, state and local officials.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools