Douglas Brinkley: Doing Book on Katrina
The book, tentatively titled ''The Great Deluge,'' is scheduled to be published by Morrow early next year.
Financial terms were not disclosed Monday and there was no immediate word on whether any proceeds would be donated to charity.
''Hurricane Katrina is without question the worst natural disaster in American history,'' Brinkley, a professor at the New Orleans-based Tulane University who was in town when the storm hit,'' said in a statement. ''With the death toll rising and toxic sludge draining into Lake Pontchartrain, it's imperative that we learn what went wrong.''
Brinkley has created a ''Tulane University Task Force'' and for his new book will interview federal, state and local officials.
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead