Douglas Brinkley: Doing Book on KatrinaHistorians in the News
The book, tentatively titled ''The Great Deluge,'' is scheduled to be published by Morrow early next year.
Financial terms were not disclosed Monday and there was no immediate word on whether any proceeds would be donated to charity.
''Hurricane Katrina is without question the worst natural disaster in American history,'' Brinkley, a professor at the New Orleans-based Tulane University who was in town when the storm hit,'' said in a statement. ''With the death toll rising and toxic sludge draining into Lake Pontchartrain, it's imperative that we learn what went wrong.''
Brinkley has created a ''Tulane University Task Force'' and for his new book will interview federal, state and local officials.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea