Douglas Brinkley: Doing Book on Katrina
The book, tentatively titled ''The Great Deluge,'' is scheduled to be published by Morrow early next year.
Financial terms were not disclosed Monday and there was no immediate word on whether any proceeds would be donated to charity.
''Hurricane Katrina is without question the worst natural disaster in American history,'' Brinkley, a professor at the New Orleans-based Tulane University who was in town when the storm hit,'' said in a statement. ''With the death toll rising and toxic sludge draining into Lake Pontchartrain, it's imperative that we learn what went wrong.''
Brinkley has created a ''Tulane University Task Force'' and for his new book will interview federal, state and local officials.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?