This fall, two top professors kick off the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History’s new online M.A. programHistorians in the News
In the newly created Gilder Lehrman M.A. in American History from Adams State University, participants will be able to pursue an accredited master’s degree directly through online courses offered by Gilder Lehrman. These online courses, covering topics ranging from the colonial era to the present day, provide teachers and history enthusiasts with graduate-level, in-depth explorations of defining topics in American history.
The two courses on offer this fall are Allen C. Guelzo’s The American Civil Warand James G. Basker’s Amazing Grace: How Writers Helped End Slavery. Guelzo, Director of Civil War Era Studies at Gettysburg College and the New York Times bestselling author of Gettysburg: The Last Invasion, will present a study of Civil War strategy and tactics and consider the legacy of the Civil War 150 years after its end. Basker, Professor of Literary History at Barnard College, will examine over 200 years of poetry, fiction, sermons, slave narratives, and songs that helped end slavery.
In both fall courses, attendees will hear lectures by the professor and featured guests, take part in real-time seminars, and receive copies of the course texts. Participants can enroll in any or all of the courses they choose. The spring courses on offer are The South in American History, with University of Richmond President Edward L. Ayers, and The Global Cold War, with University of Texas Professor Jeremi Suri.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize