History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schoolstags: Martin Luther King Jr., Mumia Abu Jamal
Last night on the Kelly File Baruch College History Professor Joanna Fernandez argued that unrepentant convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who murdered Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner in 1981 by shooting him five times in the face, should be celebrated in schools just like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. She also argued using words like "militant" and "convicted cop killer" to describe Mumia, is racist. Another nice nugget? A California teacher's union feels the same way.
If you don't want to listen to Fernandez yell through her re-litigation of the case (as she always does when given the opportunity), you'll find her comparison of MLK to Mumia at 5:04. Also be sure you get to the 6:00 minute mark to hear the Wall Street Journal's Jason Riley's entire response to the asinine comparison.
"Essentially by the end of his life, Martin Luther King like Mumia Abu Jamal, was a radical," she said...
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead