History of Philly Rests Under I-95
Artifacts detailing over 5,000 years of Philadelphia history have been buried beneath Interstate 95 and the Girard Avenue Interchange. Some of these relics are now unearthed and were put on display this week for the public.
The exhibit, entitled “Before and Below I-95 in 2014,” showed artifacts discovered in the Kensington-Fishtown and Port Richmond neighborhoods during the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Interstate 95/Girard Avenue Interchange improvement project.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate