History of Philly Rests Under I-95
Artifacts detailing over 5,000 years of Philadelphia history have been buried beneath Interstate 95 and the Girard Avenue Interchange. Some of these relics are now unearthed and were put on display this week for the public.
The exhibit, entitled “Before and Below I-95 in 2014,” showed artifacts discovered in the Kensington-Fishtown and Port Richmond neighborhoods during the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Interstate 95/Girard Avenue Interchange improvement project.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic