Historian turns baker?
Historian. College dean. Author, writer, consultant, professor and lecturer.
Michael Sherman, former executive director of the Vermont Historical Society and one-time dean of Burlington College, has led a life steeped in renowned scholarship and academia. Co-author of the 700-page “Freedom and Unity: A History of Vermont” and editor of Vermont History Journal, his accessible explorations of history in the Green Mountains won him a lifetime achievement award in 2014 from the Center for Research on Vermont at the University of Vermont.
But despite a comfortable life in the hallowed halls of academe, Michael Sherman also decided he needed to make a little dough. Actually, a lot of dough, as in the kind that turns into bread, the staff of life...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?