Historian turns baker?
Historian. College dean. Author, writer, consultant, professor and lecturer.
Michael Sherman, former executive director of the Vermont Historical Society and one-time dean of Burlington College, has led a life steeped in renowned scholarship and academia. Co-author of the 700-page “Freedom and Unity: A History of Vermont” and editor of Vermont History Journal, his accessible explorations of history in the Green Mountains won him a lifetime achievement award in 2014 from the Center for Research on Vermont at the University of Vermont.
But despite a comfortable life in the hallowed halls of academe, Michael Sherman also decided he needed to make a little dough. Actually, a lot of dough, as in the kind that turns into bread, the staff of life...
comments powered by Disqus
- Columbia University Releases Eric Foner’s Civil War MOOCs. It's Free!
- Historian Geoffrey Ward tells CBS: Fox News would have ‘loved’ to show FDR with polio ‘at his most helpless’
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily