Historian turns baker?Historians in the News
Historian. College dean. Author, writer, consultant, professor and lecturer.
Michael Sherman, former executive director of the Vermont Historical Society and one-time dean of Burlington College, has led a life steeped in renowned scholarship and academia. Co-author of the 700-page “Freedom and Unity: A History of Vermont” and editor of Vermont History Journal, his accessible explorations of history in the Green Mountains won him a lifetime achievement award in 2014 from the Center for Research on Vermont at the University of Vermont.
But despite a comfortable life in the hallowed halls of academe, Michael Sherman also decided he needed to make a little dough. Actually, a lot of dough, as in the kind that turns into bread, the staff of life...
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments