Castro ordered JFK killed? Wiki entry edited by someone in the government says so.tags: JFK, Wikipedia, assassination
A new Twitter account, congress edits, now tracks changes in Wikipedia entries made by people with access to a congressional computer. One of the surprising discoveries is that someone at a congressional computer keeps changing the Wiki entry on the Kennedy assassination.
Here's what the edited entry reports:
A ten-month investigation from November 1963 to September 1964 by the Warren Commission concluded that Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, acting on behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro, and that Jack Ruby also acted behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro when he killed Oswald before he could stand trial.
It is not known who has been editing the Wikipedia entry or from which computer the changes have been made.
For background on @congressedits, see this NYT article.
comments powered by Disqus
- In France, Vestiges of the Great War’s Bloody End
- New Evidence Supporting Volcanoes as Cause for Mass Extinction and Rapid Climate Change
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
- The best history books of 2014 – as rated by historians
- Martin Kramer says Israelis have "no clue” that Ari Shavit “has added a massacre in the city of Lydda to the litany of Israel’s alleged crimes in 1948"
- Carleton Mabee, Biographer of Morse, Dies at 99
- NYT editorial cites work of Harvard's Sven Beckert and Cornell’s Edward Baptist
- Majors in history earn more than others in the humanities
- The director of Mount Vernon’s library says it’s difficult to pierce the Washington myth (Interview)