Castro ordered JFK killed? Wiki entry edited by someone in the government says so.tags: JFK, Wikipedia, assassination
A new Twitter account, congress edits, now tracks changes in Wikipedia entries made by people with access to a congressional computer. One of the surprising discoveries is that someone at a congressional computer keeps changing the Wiki entry on the Kennedy assassination.
Here's what the edited entry reports:
A ten-month investigation from November 1963 to September 1964 by the Warren Commission concluded that Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, acting on behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro, and that Jack Ruby also acted behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro when he killed Oswald before he could stand trial.
It is not known who has been editing the Wikipedia entry or from which computer the changes have been made.
For background on @congressedits, see this NYT article.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.