Anne Hollander, Scholar Who Linked Art and Style, Dies at 83tags: Anne Hollander
Anne Hollander, a historian who helped elevate the study of art and dress by revealing the often striking relationships between the two, died on Sunday at her home in Manhattan. She was 83.
The cause was cancer, said her husband, the philosopher Thomas Nagel.
“The art of dressing is the art we all practice,” Ms. Hollander liked to say...
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)