Anne Hollander, Scholar Who Linked Art and Style, Dies at 83Historians in the News
tags: Anne Hollander
Anne Hollander, a historian who helped elevate the study of art and dress by revealing the often striking relationships between the two, died on Sunday at her home in Manhattan. She was 83.
The cause was cancer, said her husband, the philosopher Thomas Nagel.
“The art of dressing is the art we all practice,” Ms. Hollander liked to say...
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations