Anne Hollander, Scholar Who Linked Art and Style, Dies at 83Historians in the News
tags: Anne Hollander
Anne Hollander, a historian who helped elevate the study of art and dress by revealing the often striking relationships between the two, died on Sunday at her home in Manhattan. She was 83.
The cause was cancer, said her husband, the philosopher Thomas Nagel.
“The art of dressing is the art we all practice,” Ms. Hollander liked to say...
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled