Robert Redford to produce World War II ski troop filmtags: World War II, Robert Redford
Actor-director Robert Redford is set to produce a film about a World War II American ski troop.
The Hollywood veteran is looking to team up with 300 screenwriter Kurt Johnstad to adapt Peter Shelton's Climb to Conquer for the big screen, according to Variety.com.
The movie will center on the 10th Mountain Division, a group of Army soldiers made up of professional athletes and college scholars trained to rock climb and ski.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing